Friday, May 1, 2009

update

i know i've got a lot going on my blog, so i thought i would give everyone a reminder and let y'all in on some things i have in the works. here's what i've got going on right now:
  1. shannon at welcome to the nuthouse is having a hometown swap. check out more about it here. if you decide to partipate, please let her know you heard about it from me as she is giving away a gift to the person who gives her the most referral.
  2. i have some awesome dove coupons i'm giving away here to my followers. stop in at that post and leave a comment to get them.
  3. pay it forward is such an awesome idea. check out the post here and for the 1st 5 commenters who pledge to also pay it forward, you will receive a handmade gift from me.

and, some things to look forward to:

  1. i am less than 25 posts away from hitting my 300th post, and this means as promised a giveaway.
  2. i am planning a recipe swap soon, very soon. so, keep your eyes peeled.
  3. my 1st interview with a crafter who i have tons of respect for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the pay it forward idea is great. Unfortunately, I'm not a crafty person myself...which I why I go crazy over everything I buy from etsy!

ps I love your shoes in your profile pic. They look awesome!

The Stylish House said...

Hi Becca,
I found your blog through Sits. I hope you are doing well in your recovery. I know several people close to me with over twenty years of sobriety and doing well, so wanted to pass along this information. It has not always been easy, but they work the program and take it as it comes. I have enjoyed visiting your site and getting to know you a little bit. I wish you well and invite you to visit mine anytime. It is great to meet new friends. Happy May Day. Cathy

Anonymous said...

Hey let me know when you're doing the recipe swap. I want in on that!!!

Unknown said...

kathie,
that's a bit the point. for the longest time, people had little choice but making things themselves. now, we as a society have become addicted to mass produced products which are often crap. buying handmade is a great 1st step, but trying your hand at making some things on your own is also important. trust me, i know its not for everyone. but, the pay it forward challenge only assumes you make something handmade. it could be something as simple as a bookmark. that's not my plan, but maybe something good for a beginner. plus, there really is a pleasure to making something with your own hands. a sense of accomplishment. so, maybe you'll rethink it.

cathy, thanks and i promise to take a look at your blog tomorrow. i did add myself as a follower.

becky,
ok. so, i was kinda keepin it under wraps. i've already begun scheduling the post for the day after mother's day. i am working on making a button, but other than that everything is ready to go for it. so look for the post on 5/11/