I must admit being almost 40, I am far from hip or in the know. When I was given the opportunity to review Jammy Jams Pop Goes Lullaby 6 album, the first thing I did was immediately feel out of touch as I looked over the Track List. Looking over the track list, I recognized only 3 of the songs by title alone.
Here is the track list just to give you an idea of what I was talking about:
1. Hello (Lullaby Rendition of Adele)
2. Can’t Feel My Face (Lullaby Rendition of The Weeknd)
3. What Do You Mean? (Lullaby Rendition of Justin Bieber)
4. Lean On (Lullaby Rendition of Major Lazer & DJ Snake)
5. Good For You (Lullaby Rendition of Selena Gomez)
6. Elastic Heart (Lullaby Rendition of Sia)
7. Cheerleader (Lullaby Rendition of OMI)
8. Fight Song (Lullaby Rendition of Rachel Platten)
9. The Hills (Lullaby Rendition of The Weeknd)
10. Worth It (Lullaby Rendition of Fifth Harmony)
I am sure many moms will know a good deal more of these right off the bat then I did.
So, I thought we might give these a try at bedtime last night. They use the vibraphone, marimba, xylophone, piano, and blocks for instrumental remakes of these popular songs which toned down most of these pop songs enough for them to appeal to my little one as lullabies instead of starting a dance party. Before the second song ended, my child who fights sleep at night with every bit of her being was knocked out. Since it worked so well much to my amazement, I will definitely continue using these lullabies. I will probably look into what other songs that they have available especially classic rock.
Here are links to purchase this album if you're interested. It is available both as a CD and in digital form.
Jammy Jams Store: http://tinyurl.com/jj-022BC
Google Play: http://tinyurl.com/jj-022GP
I received this product for free in exchange for a review, but all opinions are honest, genuine, and my own.