Friday, July 3, 2009
Thursday, July 2, 2009
I have received a fabulous award from Tamela at A Brunette Making it One Day at a Time
The rules are:
- Tell everyone 10 things about you they may not know, but are true
- Tag 5 bloggers with the award
This one is a hard one for me since I have already shared 200 things about me for my 200th post. But, I will try.
- I prefer white chocolate over any other chocolate. One of my favorite holiday memories is making white chocolate covered pretzels with my mom.
- I never ever like steaks. I mean ever. I just don't get what the big deal is, and now I guess I never will.
- I generally drink diet beverages but hate diet gingerale or diet orange soda.
- I prefer phone calls to texting though I have been a texting fiend recently.
- I currently own 75 pairs of shoes including flip flops, heels, flats, boots, and sneakers. I just counted them a few days ago as I was reorganizing them. My dream would be to have a closet just for shoes and handbags.
- Most of my current fave shows are on CBS (All three CSIs, NCIS, Numbers, Harper's Island, Cold Case, Without a Trace, Survivor, Criminal Minds, Eleventh Hour) though I was a NBC girl as a child. The Cosby show, Family Ties, Friends, and Seinfeld were the best.
- When I was a wee girl like preschool age, I wanted to be a nurse. No such desire now.
- I don't get the big deal about candles. I got dragged to a Candle Lite party once, but only bought something for a boyfriend who was a fan of their products.
- I've never had a passport.
- I have grave difficulty not getting food on my shirts especially when eating chinese food.
I must be hungry considering how many of those were about food.
To those I wish to pass the award to:
- Shell of Stuttering Shell
- Annette of Fairy Blog Mother Blog
- MamaBearMills of Pour Some Sugar on Me
- Lorie at Be Different Act Normal
- Kathie at My Net Finds
Monday, June 29, 2009
I won one of the giveaways that Fantabulously Frugal had during her month of giveaways back in March. I won the lemon and blueberry giveaway. The package had 3 bath bombs, 3 different soaps, blueberry herbal tea, lemon lip balm(Bigelow & Co is one of my fave lip glosses already. So, I definitely loved this one.), and a white chocolate bar with lemon candy bits.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
I know it has been a while since I've done a freebie post. So, instead of trying to play catch up, I think I will just some of the newest that I have come across.
free 10 day sample of Bare Essentials Matte Foundation and Mini Brush at Sephora stores or free with online purchase
free Country pet food for newly adopted cat or dog
free screening of Bruno in select cities
free foldable dog water bowl become a fan then send them you address
printable coupon for a 12oz cup of Seattle's Best coffee at Borders good through 7/2
free gift at coach stores
free sample of dogswell dog food and pet treats
free meal at rubio's mexican grill for signing up for their beach club
free can of ecosmart organic pesticide click where it says click here at the bottom of the pagefree samples of stayfree and carefree
free yoplait whips sample from betty crocker
Knowing what a shoe horse I am, I was uber pleased that super sweet blogger mamabearmills at pour some sugar on me sent me these fabulous Steve Madden heels. I can't help myself showing them off whenever I wear them since they are so striking. She told me that she hadn't worn them in the 4 years she had them. But, they have a happy home in my closet.
I recently found more curtain inspiration while at goodwill. For some reason, I keep finding single curtains. I am unsure what anyone would use single curtains for other than refashioning. Yet again, I am hoping to refashion this one into a summery skirt.
One of my coworkers who is also an elementary school teacher was cleaning out her classroom and brought me this fabulous box of crayons many of which were already broken.