Thursday, January 28, 2016

OMG level clearance at Old Navy

Thrifty Thursday 


I never type OMG, but I think this may be one time it is actually warranted.  I had been hearing other local moms rave for a few days now about Old Navy's clearance deals this week.  Thanks to Snowzilla Jonas, I hadn't been able to make it out scope out the sale myself until today.  Prior to this sale, the only time I had purchased a new item of clothing for my daughter was when I bought her a St. Patrick's day onesie.  Even then, I used a coupon.  She is far from living in rags.  She has received many brand new items from friends and family, but I just can't justify the prices for kid's clothes in my mind.  Sadly, most of the time even clearance prices seem outrageous to me.  So, I shop for her clothes mainly at consignment sales and even then, mainly during the half off period.

However, after hearing about other people's luck, I had to check out Old Navy's end of season clearance sale.  Here is the picture of my haul minus the items I picked up for DB'S niece.

 The receipt runs across the bottom of the picture.  I purchased 4 pair of toddler tights, 1 baby faux fur hat, 1 pair of toddler convertible gloves, 6 pairs of toddler pants, 1 toddler skirt, 16 toddler tops, 3 men's t-shirt, 1 men's sweater, 1 women's pant, 1 women's skirt, 1 adult hat, 1 women's sweater, and 1 women's top.  originally retailed for $482.84 for $52.89 before tax for a savings of almost 90%. or approximately $1.39 per item.  I also received a coupon for a free 8x8 photo book from Shutterfly which is worth $29.99 and included in the picture. I love Shutterfly, so this will get used.

Currently, they have an toddler, baby, and kid's clearanced items ring up for an additional 30% off of the clearanced tag price.  So, items marked .47 cents were only .33 cents.  Most of the toddler items I picked up were marked for $1.97 or less.  Definitely cheaper than I would say I average at local consignment sales.

The pants I picked up for myself were only .47 cents.  I call that a steal for pants.  The most expensive items I bought were for DB since the men's items didn't seem to be marked down as much.  Even then, the most expensive item I picked up was $6.99.

My store had been picked through somewhat, but obviously there were still plenty of deals.  You did need to really look around to find all of the clearance racks since they really were all over.  Just baby/toddler clearance items were located in 5 separate spots.  It was a bit more time consuming then I expected as I was there for at least an hour and half just searching without trying on a thing, but I'd say well worth it.

Sadly, these prices are only available in store.  However, I would say it was worth the drive.  I highly recommend heading to Old Navy as soon as you can to check out this sale.  And, I will keep my eyes out for their end of summer clearance in hopes it's as good as this one.


No comments: