Thursday, January 29, 2009

unclogging my tub


so, in the cleaning of my tub, i must have let more gunk get down the drain then i should have because my drain slightly clogged. tired of trips to 7-11 to overpay for drano, i thought i would look online to find a homemade remedy(my latest addiction i guess you would say.) well, several sites all recommended the same thing in varying amounts. basically, you put a 1/2-3/4 cup of baking soda down the drain followed by an equal amount of vinegar. now, anyone who has made a volcano for a science fair project(which i never did but have seen plenty of times on tv) knows what happens next; a bubbly explosion as seen in the above pic i took of my attempt. so, make sure to force down the baking soda into the drain before pouring in the vinegar and cover the drain. wait anywhere from 3 hours to overnight to allow the solution to work. then, flush with hot or preferably boiling water.

No comments: