Monday, January 26, 2009

probably the most stomach turning description of the weather

today, we got some snow flurries much to my glee. it didn't stick at all and only came down of and on for a short time. i had a customer describe in a way in which i could barely keep myself from cringing. she said it was spitting snow. i absolutely despise this way of describing precipitation. normally, i hear use it to describe rain as in its spitting. the mental image of someone spitting on me immediately comes to mind, and my stomach flips. gutterly, i feel a bit of vomit come up into my throat. why would anyone use this phrase. i never heard anyone say this growing up, so manybe its just a fredericksburg thing. even though it has been about 6 hours since my customer said this my stomach is still a bit upset. i just had to get this off my chest.

No comments: