Thursday, May 14, 2009

soft green yarn


you don't truly know me if you don't know about my odd obsession with lime green. i've been kvetching all winter about trying to find cheap yarn as i wanted to knit another scarf. so, when i saw this at the dollar store and had to pick up 3 skeins. i'm not sure what i'll make with it, but i couldn't say no. originally, i thought about a scarf, but in all honesty, it will only go with my black winter coats. i was hoping to use a color or colors to go with all my coats. it is so super soft i just want to rub it all over my face, and i have multiple times. any suggestions for someone with limited knitting abilities?


3 comments:

Mimi said...

I'd still go with the scarf. You can wear it with a t-shirt & jeans or turtleneck if it's cool out.

Anonymous said...

I really wish I knew how to knit. I need to find classes or something!

Unknown said...

i think you're right, and i'll still do the scarf though if i was more ambitious i think it would be perfect for a baby blankie.
i barely know how to knit and cannot at all follow a pattern. however with my little knowledge, i've managed to make a few scarfs and an afghan. i really want to learn how to do more intricate work. my mom who is in a knitters guild keeps telling me to try watching you tube videos to learn. maybe you could try that.