Friday, May 15, 2009

about me


I am a thirtysomething female who lives with my boyfriend of over 3 years and my 2 cats, belle and kitty. Belle came with me when i entered into this relationship, but Kitty joined our family almost 2 years ago. I live in Fredericksburg, Virginia which is located exactly in between our nation's capital, Washington, D.C. and our state's capital, Richmond. I ended up in this town when I went to college here at Mary Washington College. I know it's now the University of Mary Washington, but it will always be MWC to me. I've always lived in Virginia though and consider myself a southern girl. As a typical southern girl, I am daddy's little girl; and he can do no wrong in my eyes.
I'm a vegetarian, recovering alcoholic, faghag, shoe horse, social butterfly,and liberal.
My interests include spending time with my friends, crafting, shopping especially for bargains, poker, photography, karoke, stand up comedy, reading, writing, decorating, sewing, knitting, thrifting, crosswords, watching tv, cooking especially baking, puttering around at the driving range, watching football(go cowboys!),and obviously blogging. I love the water and will take any excuse to be there.
Currently, I work as a waitress; but i've enjoyed a varied career path which includes being a deli/bakery clerk, research assistant, debate judge/coach, high school english teacher, bartender, insurance agent, claims adjuster, and poker hostess.
I suffer from manic depression and polycystic ovarian syndrome, yet desperately hope one day to be so lucky as to be a mother.
I pride myself on being brutally honest, unwaveringly loyal, slightly sarcastic and hopefully witty.
I've had quite a difficult past at times, but I wouldn't change any of it even my most painful memories as they truly have brought me to where I am today. I'm very open about many of these painful memories as I felt alone. I've learned that awareness and openess is the only way to survive abuse, mental illness, etc. I've lost many, too many dear friends which has taught me how truly uncertain life can be. Hence, I've embraced the motto life's short, eat dessert first(especially if dessert is an uber cute cupcake).
Me and the boy on our atlantic city vacay back in 2007

Belle
Kitty


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm...cuppycakes. :-)

You're pretty darned awesome, Becca, and I'm very honored to be able to call you a friend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have accomplished so much in life! I love learning new things about my new blog friends. Belle and Kitty are freaking adorable!

Unknown said...

Your cats are cute as pie. Great post and I am jealous of all the shoes you have. I have two gym shoes and one dress.

Anonymous said...

You are a Queen to Me! Check out my Blog

The Constant Complainer said...

Becca, I enjoyed reading this post and learning more about your background. I've picked up bits and pieces along the way through your posts, but that helped fill in some grey spots.

I thought you love to play poker too? Did I miss that above. Texas Hold Em baby!!!

I really enjoy your blog and hope you have a very nice weekend.

Unknown said...

just so everyone knows, i created this post because i needed to have a link to use as my about in my navigation bar. i originally set it up to my blogger profile, but i didn't really like that. annette who helped me with all my blog makeover suggested i set up posts and just backdate them. i thought about doing that and probably will when i set up the advertising link. however, i figured the about me might let some of my bloggy friends get to know me better.
shell, that is too sweet. i'm the lucky one to call you my friend.
tamela,
i really don't think i can say i've accomplished so much when there are so many thinks i hope to accomplish eventually. though, i hope i can keep that in mind when i am doing the catching up thing at my upcoming 10 year college reunion. and, thanks for the award. promise to get my award post up asap.
beth and tamela, i too think my kitties are just too cute for words but i always chock that up to being a proud momma.
constant complainer,
you had me worried. thought i had somehow forgotten about poker. i reread my post, and its riight in there after shopping and before photography.