Sunday, March 15, 2009

plato's closet

somehow i never managed to step into a plato's closet store until this past fall. when some friends decided to take me, i realized what i was missing out on. plato's closet is basically a brand name consignment store. due to the current economic malaise, i have limited myself to only 2 shopping trips since. but, each time i find some really cute items at great prices. since its a chain of consignment shops, their website does not
have any items for sale. but, i do recommend checking out www.platoscloset.com to find a location near you. you can also sell items to them. they also have a card you get stamped for every $10 you spend. after 10 stamps, you save 20% on your next purchase.
my first shopping trip, i picked up these metallic blue flats by fioni for $4.

as well as 2 handbags.
last week, i picked up this black fauz snake skin oversized clutch which still had the original plastic on it for $6
and this yellow bubble gum necklace and earring set for $2.99.
i saw a hot pink pair of chinese laundry heels for $8 which i decided against only because i was trying to keep my damage low.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, that's it. I need to head over to my Plato's Closet and see what the fuss is all about. My cousin has scored some very cute things there just as you have and now I'm convinced that I'm missing out...big time.

Unknown said...

i know you, and you will love it. i can't believe i didn't listen for as long as i did.