Saturday, March 21, 2009

looking for your advice

i need some input from my friends and even people i don't already know out there in webspace. i am getting close to my 200th post(a little more than 20 away or about a week at my rate of posting) so, here's what i need:

  • how can i improve my blog in general?
  • do i need to focus more on certain topics and separate this into multiple blogs? i started to setup the bargainista blog but never did anything with it. should i get back to that and then somehow separate into a personal blog and a diy blog on food/crafts/around the house blog?
  • what formatting can i do to my page to make this more reader friendly? do i need a new layout? probably, i think. should i split up my blog roll into categories? even are my colors on my blog easily readable? do you like the font? i really want to improve even the minutia.
  • how can i improve my readership?
  • what would you like to see me post about more?
  • how do i get more followers?
  • what have been your favorite posts so far?
  • how can i get more comments as i really need/want feedback?
  • really, any advice is appreciated. i want to hear from people about this. so, what's worked or not worked for you?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't rally read a lot on your blog but I like it. I will have to check in more often and let you know :)

Anonymous said...

I would try another background colour, also I would suggest to enlarge all fonts a bit, and the last for me - your "about", "twittwer updates", "favourite things" - I would make the text more bright for easy reading. well, if I find smth else, I'll let you know :)

I would also appreciate your comments about my site:) (in email message,for example ;))

take care!

Unknown said...

thanks erin

annai have to admit i am kind of partial to the background color-lime green is my fave color and this is the closest i could find on blogger. i didn't want to go with pink or blue which seem super popular with female bloggers or white which i feel is too boring. i did take the writing color darker and changed and increased the font. thanks for the comments. will definitely be checking your site out and commenting.

Anonymous said...

Becca,

now the text looks much better for me personally (i hope not only for me :) it's better to read :) about the colour - you're right, i'also don't like pink or blue too much... green looks noble.

one of my favourite posts is about surprising foods vegetarians don't eat, because now i'm trying to move on vegan life style :))

ok, good luck and keep in touch xo

Unknown said...

i really do like the new font better. i hadn't played around a lot til now. glad you liked the post. i think there will continue to be more vegetarian posts. and i did send you an email.

DiPaola Momma said...

Thanks SOOO much for stoppin' by the Nuggets today for my big SITS FB day!! I SOOOO dig those Vasserette boobie holders with the criss crossy thingies in the middle.. thing is I RARELY find them anymore even at SprawMart! I have my mom back in Cali on the look out for em too.. lift and separate for less than $15!!

Unknown said...

in addition to vasserette, i have seen and purchased the same style by gillian & o'malley at target.