Monday, February 22, 2016

Quick "Pickles"

Meatless Monday

I cannot take credit for this recipe.  This is my take on a summer side my mom would make when we were kids.  If we were eating it that night for dinner, she would take cucumbers straight from the garden and cool the cucumbers with ice.  If any last to the next day, it's even better the second day.  Due to the vinegar, these hold up for several day.  My little one loves these, and I find them to be a great side to faux sweet potato bbq sandwiches and slaw.  



2 cucumbers
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup of water or water and ice
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp minced garlic(optional)


1. Peel and slice the cucumbers.
2. Mix the vinegar, water, and spices.
3. Let the cucumbers to soak in the liquid for at least a couple of hours before serving.

Due to the high vinegar content, these will keep in the fridge for a few weeks.

No comments: