Friday, April 17, 2009

junior mint pastels make me sad



as anyone who read my my big 200 list of things about me, my favorite candies are junior mints and peppermint patties. although in the us, they are made with gelatin making them non vegetarian. international versions especially those made in the uk use agar making them vegetarian. hence, i haven't had them in a while. i still have fond feelings for them. they are one of the main reasons i love the song fruitcakes by jimmy buffett when he rants "I want my junior mints. where did the junior mints go in theMovies. I don’t want a 12 lb. nestle’s crunch for 25 dollars. iWant junior mints" i remember my parents buying junior mints for me in the hospital when i had my tonsils out from the hospital vending cart. the chocolaty minty flavor is so soothing. thats the essence of the junior mint. junior mints pastel destroy that as the candy coating is merely candy coating not chocolate flavor. i reviewed the ingredients whereas on normal junior mints list chocolate as the second ingredient chocolate isn't even an ingredient in their pastels. this is a perversion of the whole concept behind junior mints. additionally, they are called pastels. but, they only have 2 colors blue and yellow. i wouldn't really call this pastels. couldn't they at least throw in green or pink.

4 comments:

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

I know those pastels make you sad, but they really are as tasty as the original Jr. Mints. They are also one of my favorites.

Cheer up! You can make your own mints that turn out just like Jr. Mints. REally! Here's the recipe on my blog and you can make it as natural as you want! YUM~

http://pixeltrashamania.blogspot.com/2007/12/peppermint-patty-recipe.html
and
here are pictures of them...
http://pixeltrashamania.blogspot.com/2007/12/candy-making-101.html

Jennifer Juniper said...

They are so yummy, though I felt like I was cheating on my Jr. Mints. I love Jimmy Buffett, I knew there was a reason I had to click on you from SITS roll call!

Unknown said...

i am so trying that recipe and thanks ladies for the compliments. i have visited all of your blogs and encourage y'all to do so too.

love-up-you said...

Die Art-Deco-und Oldtimer eignen sich auch für Mondstein thomas sabo günstig Verlobungsringe. Accent Steine können in den Ringen thomas sabo eingearbeitet werden. Aber dies ist nicht immer getan. Diamanten und Perlen sind gemeinsame sabo uhren Entscheidungen und Paare auch wählen ähnlich ungewöhnliche Steine in die Mitte Mondstein begleiten. Dasangebote thomas sabo uhren Juwel Qualität Mondsteine sind recht teuer wegen der seltenen Natur. Ein größerer Stein mit einer reichen noch transparenter Farbe thomas sabo uhren billig fordert einen hohen Preis, da sie von außergewöhnlich hoher Qualität sind.