Friday, May 22, 2009

why are men so squeamish?

I just don't get it. I know I've mentioned before that I have irritable bowel syndrome. I was first diagnosed back in college. What gets me is that I can't say anything other than I am feeling sick or the boy begins in with ewwwwww that is so gross. Now, I am not saying that I go into outrageous details describing every pain or bowel movement. I am saying just saying I am having stomach issues sets him off. No offense, but these are natural bodily functions. And, its not just me. Heaven forbid a cat gets sick. I will be awoken at 3am to clean up that mess, and the poor cat will be shunned for about a day. Men fart and burp and take pride in it. How dare any non male do something less than dainty. What is the deal? I mean really. I know traditionally it has been women who get stuck changing diapers and cleaning up kids puke. But, I guess I wonder why men don't man up about these things. And, why are these topics so taboo?

No comments: